Monday 13 January 2014

How far we’ve come…

I think it’s clear how much I love forests of any type in every part of the world through my blog. Is this love genuine though?
 

Well… I know it is and I do not need to put a value to the ecosystem and its services in order to appreciate it and enjoy it in a sustainable way. Ecosystem valuation created the need to protect the environment for our own benefit putting aside or undervaluing ecosystems and processes that are not of much use to humans.
 
Nonetheless, the valuing of ecosystems is necessary in development hungry society where any actions taken need to be measured in a currency. The different bodies of NGOs, GOs interested in conservation and protection such as greenpeace, WWF and many others in addition to the nature enthusiast (such as myself) will continue to fight for the environment no matter the price tag.
 
Over the past few months I have come to the habit of blogging. This experience made me realize how fun and helpful blogs are for the development of thoughts and ideas as well as knowledge. I have to admit that I have enjoyed this module assessment and I will continue to post interesting ideas and any developments regarding the well-being of forests although the posting frequency may vary.
 
I hope you have been enjoying my blog as much as I have and I would also like to thank you for the feedback on my blogs.
 
Nature is to be enjoyed take every opportunity to explore forests and the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment